Registration for inpatient admission
We will support you so your stay starts without problems
Our Patient Management Team is happy to help you with any questions concerning the settlement of accounts, optional services, insurance, additional payments and accommodation for an accompanying person. We help you to communicate with your cost bearer and tell you about the equipment and optional choices in our facility. For admissions at the weekend or public holidays, registration formalities are dealt with by our care staff and completed on the following working day.
Admission for Inpatient Hospital Treatment
Registration and Admission to our Hospital
We are happy to help you with any questions concerning the settlement of accounts, optional services, insurance, additional payments and accommodation for an accompanying person. We also help you to communicate with your cost bearer and provide information about the equipment in our hospital.
Inpatient Hospital Treatment
After your appointment during our consultation hours, we will decide together whether inpatient or, alternatively, outpatient treatment is required.
Before we can proceed with the medical examination, a few formalities have to be taken care of. Please have the following documentation ready and take it to your appointment:
- Proof of health insurance (chip card)
- Previous findings from your doctor (e.g. X-rays, CT scans)
- Admission notice by the doctor treating you
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us via our online service.
Preparation for Inpatient Admission
After recording your personal details (name, address etc.), we will advise you on invoicing procedures and the treatment contract. This includes your agreement to an inpatient stay in our hospital. In addition, you will receive important information from us about statutory provisions (e.g. additional payments of 10 Euros per day) and useful notes about your stay.
Additional payment for inpatient treatment
Regulation: For patients with statutory health insurance who are at least 18 years old and are not exempt from additional payments, legislature specifies that an additional payment of 10 Euros has to be paid for every inpatient treatment day for a maximum of 28 calendar days per year.
Please pay the co-pay after receiving the invoice after your inpatient stay. We will then pass on the payment to your health insurance company.
Follow-up Treatment and Rehabilitation
In addition to acute inpatient treatment, we also offer rehabilitation and prevention in our hospital. Outpatient treatment on-site in our hospital Inpatient treatment in our sister hospitals or a rehabilitation facility of your choice Please ask.
Our case managers will gladly advise you on any questions about other possible or outpatient treatment options and , if needed, will organise your further treatment.
We essentially offer three treatment options that can be combined:
1. Outpatient rehabilitation in Munich (close to where you live, different therapy options are combined for several hours per day)
2. Outpatient Physiotherapy
- Physical Therapy (massage, baths, heat, electrotherapy)
- Occupational Therapy in the relevant Therapy Practice
3. Inpatient follow-up treatment in a rehabilitation facility (for instance at Schoen Clinic Berchtesgadener Land or Schoen Clinic Bad Aibling Harthausen)
Extras for your stay
As part of our elective and comfort services we offer you many additional extras:
- Would you like to be treated by one of our Senior Consultants?
- Would you like to stay in one of our quiet Schoen Comfort Rooms?
- Would you like to be personally looked after by Senior Consultants from our hospital?
Consultation Hours and Outpatient Treatment